Choose organic bedding for a healthy sleep. A truly restful bedroom can also be earth sensitive and beautiful. Snuggle up in cozy, affordable luxury.
Choose organic bedding for a healthy sleep, like this Sleeptek Hevea natural rubber mattress.
Find the best organic bedding for a healthy sleep. Use organic mattresses, comforters, sheets, pillows and blankets for your natural, healthy bedroom.
Here are a few suggestions when choosing organic bedding for a healthy sleep. When it comes to organic mattresses, the choice is personal, based on how firm you like your sleeping surface. Latex offers the most support and truly forms to your body without the pressure points of springs. Organic cotton mattresses and wool blends are firm and supportive and also wick moisture away from the body.
1. Sleeptek's Hevea natural rubber mattress has an all-natural rubber core, layers of quilted silk and wool, and an organic cotton cover that zips apart for easy care. From $2,328 for a twin to $4,257 for a king set (with slat foundation). Available through Green Sleep (888) 413-4442.
2. Handcrafted with 100 percent organic cotton and Pure Grow Wool, the Natural Bedroom by Vivetique Quilted Mattress is hypoallergenic and contains no dyes or chemicals. The family-owned manufacturer gets rave reviews for its customer service. $1,082 for a twin set; $2,082 for a king set (with box spring). Available through Home Environment (877) 251-4905.
3. A wool comforter offers year-round comfort. The Natural Bedroom's Pure Grow Wool comforter, covered in organic cotton and made from unbleached and undyed wool, offers the benefits of wool bedding and also assurance of low-impact farming practices. Available through H3Environmental: (818) 766-1787.
4. Comfortable dreamtime is an affordable luxury with this thick, soft, brushed, organic cotton blanket made by Under the Nile, a biodynamic, fair-trade cooperative in Egypt. Available at Good Humans $105 to $165. (831) 420-0118.
5. Coyuchi organic cotton sheets get softer with every wash. Available in percale, damask, sateen, and flannel in a variety of colors and patterns. $40 to $122. (888) 418-8847.
6. Want to try natural-fiber bed linens but don’t know where to start? Transform your bed with one packaged set of wool bedding. The Natural Transformation by Tomorrow’s World bundles together a wool comforter, a wool mattress topper, and a set of pillows from $548 to $908. (800) 229-7571.
7. Untreated Natural Selections wool-fill pillows are both supportive and fluffy. For those who have serious neck problems, buckwheat hull pillows provide complete support, allowing neck muscles to relax. Organic buckwheat hull neck roll with pillowcase, $19. Organic cotton fill, untreated wool fill, or organic cotton/wool blend from $49 to $69. (888) 216-9917.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE