1. Protect your mattress with the Pure-Rest O-Wool mattress pad made from sheep’s wool. Moisture resistant and breathable, wool discourages nasties such as bed bugs, dust mites and mold. $130 (twin) to $250 (king). (800) 596-7450.
2. Few natural fibers are as durable and earth friendly as hemp. These luxurious terry blankets are made from European hemp and organic flax linen—with a touch of organic cotton for softness. From $99 (throw) to $299 (king size). (877) 729-4367.
3. A great pillow is key to a great night’s sleep. Natura makes its Dream Mate pillow with hypoallergenic, antimicrobial, natural Talalay latex and adds an unbleached cotton cover infused with aloe, a natural skin enhancer. $60. (888) 628-8723.
4. Mattresses made with organic cloth and nontoxic adhesives help you and the planet rest easier. Furnature’s Quilted Organic Innerspring Mattress contains dust mite-resistant wool, organic cotton and demagnetized steel springs. $1,300 (twin mattress/foundation set); $2,500 (king mattress/ foundation set). (800) 326-4895.
5. Get a great night’s sleep on this organic, hemp-upholstered Bella Terra bedframe. Made with wood from sustainably managed forests and urban reclamation projects, the frame also features natural latex and organic-cotton batting. Handmade to order: From $2,700 (twin) to $4,300 (king). (800) 726-8365.
6. Keep warm and beautify your boudoir with handmade limited-edition quilts made from recycled-scrap fabric and certified-organic cotton batting. Shown: Flower Column wall quilt. $550. (919) 772-1412.
7. Esperanza Threads’ organic cotton sleepwear is both environmentally and socially responsible. An offshoot of the nonprofit Grassroots Coalition for Economic and Environmental Justice program, the company teaches sewing and entrepreneurial skills to low-income women in Ohio. Shown: organic-cotton nightgown, from $75. (800) 397-0045.
8. Hang your favorite frock on a naturally aromatic Woodlore cedar hanger, and you’ll protect it from cloth-eating moths and other insects. The company practices selective cutting, which allows aromatic cedar to grow faster than it’s harvested, and it follows manufacturing techniques that create as little waste as possible. $5 each. (800) 288-0200.
9. Mexican coppersmiths gather and melt down discarded copper to make these hand-hammered, individually designed bedside lamps. Cobre Hand-Hammered Copper imports the fair trade lamps. Shown: Robertson Lamp with Ginkgo Shade: $385. On right, Van Erp Lamp: $405. (503) 248-1111.
10. For centuries, lavender has been revered as a sleep aid and for its deodorizing and insect-repelling properties. Scent your drawers naturally with organic lavender from Jardin du Soleil. $17 for a set of three. (877) 527-3461.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE