Make a thoughtful handcrafted gift using this Lip Balm recipe, an herbal gift for family and friends this holiday season or any time!
Make this Lip Balm recipe to use as a handcrafted herbal gift for family and friends this holiday season.
The perfect gift for those dry days of winter. This will ensure soft, supple lips throughout the frigid season.
• 1/4 cup almond oil
• 1/4 ounce (2 tablespoons) grated beeswax
• 1 capsule (400 IU) vitamin E
• 2 drops peppermint essential oil
1. Warm the almond oil in a small pan and add the beeswax. Stir until melted (don’t overheat).
2. Remove from the heat, prick the vitamin E capsule, and squeeze the oil into the mixture. Then add the peppermint oil, stir, and pour the mixture into several shallow, wide-mouth containers. Allow to cool. Makes about 1/4 to 1/3 cup.
Mindy Green is an herbalist, aromatherapist, educator, and writer. She is also an esthetician, a consultant to the natural products industry, and director of education at the Herb Research Foundation in Boulder, Colorado. She is the author of Calendula (Keats, 1998), Natural Perfumes (Interweave, 1999), and co-author of Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art (The Crossing Press, 1995).
Read more about making herbal holiday gifts: Homemade Holiday Gifts: Herb and Aromatherapy Recipes.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE