- Take stock of your routine, and break out of the “same old, same old” on National Old Stuff Day on March 2.
- Clean and sharpen garden tools to ready for the season.
- Honor Learn About Butterflies Day on March 14, and get inspired for a pollinator garden this year.
- Speaking of pollinators, if you keep bees, it’s time for a spring hive check!
- The National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, D.C., begins on March 20 and commemorates the 3,000 cherry trees gifted from Tokyo in 1912.
- Don’t forget to turn compost as the weather warms!
- Traditional Chinese Medicine says to support the liver and gallbladder in spring with young leafy greens and warm vinegar.
Photo by Adobe Stock/K.-U.Häßler
Photo by Getty Images/SeanPavonePhoto