This spicy seasoning salt recipe goes well with beans, fajitas and chili.
FILLS ONE 1.4-OUNCE JAR
This salt is great on fajitas, beans, rice, and many other Southwestern foods. You can package it in an unusual salt shaker; put a cotton ball or two in the top so it won’t spill before it’s in use.
• 1 dried chipotle pepper, stem and most seeds removed, or 1 tablespoon ground chipotle
• 2 teaspoons whole cumin seed
• 2 teaspoons whole coriander seed
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• Scant 1/2 cup table salt
1. Powder the chipotle, cumin, and coriander in a spice grinder or clean coffee grinder. 2. Put all the spices into the spice jar and fill with salt. 3. Pour entire contents into a clean bowl. 4. Mix well, and pour back into the spice jar.
Read the original article: Homemade Herbal Gift Ideas.
Debbie Whittaker, a frequent contributor to The Herb Companion, demonstrates her healthy cooking style as the “Herb Gourmet” in Denver, Colorado.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE