Photo by HLPhoto/Fotolia
This vinaigrette is excellent for mixed green salads or cold, steamed broccoli or cauliflower. It’s especially good with bitter greens such as chicory or radicchio. Quantities of ingredients are approximate. Vary to suit your taste. MAKES 1/3 CUP
• 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar or mild wine vinegar
• 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• 1 to 3 teaspoons honey
• 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
• 1 clove garlic, mashed
• Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Whisk the ingredients to mix, then pour over the greens and serve. As a vinaigrette, pour over steamed broccoli or green beans and refrigerate for up to 4 hours before serving.
Cornelia Carlson holds a doctorate in biochemistry and is an avid grower and user of herbs. She writes frequently for Herbs for Health and is the author of The Practically Meatless Gourmet (Berkley, 1996). She writes from her home in Arizona.
If you would like to obtain a reference list for this article, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE