Twice-Baked Garlic Potatoes
Garlic is the ultimate herb for curbing cholesterol; its constituents reduce low-density lipoproteins (bad cholesterol) while increasing high-density lipoproteins (good cholesterol). It also helps prevent colds and flu.
• 2 large baking potatoes
• 4 whole cloves fresh, young garlic, peeled
• 1/4 cup poultry or vegetable broth
• 1/4 cup milk
• Chives, parsley, paprika to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Wash and dry the potatoes, then bake them for 1 hour.
2. Remove from the oven and let cool, keeping the oven at 325°F.
3. In a small saucepan, simmer the garlic cloves in the broth for 15 minutes. Add the milk and heat through; remove the liquid from the burner.
4. Slice the potatoes lengthwise. Scoop out the meat of the potato and add it to the liquid in the saucepan.
5. Mash or whip the ingredients until smooth, then stuff the mixture evenly into the potato skins.
6. Place the stuffed potatoes on a baking sheet, bake for 20 minutes or until heated through, and sprinkle with chives, parsley and/or paprika to taste just before serving.
Check out the original article, Cooking with Herbs: Healthy Holiday Recipes.