Try these organic spirits at your next party.
Lavender Lemon Drop made with Modmix.
Stock your liquor cabinet with organic spirits, distilled from pesticide-free grains. You’ll find mindful mixers at select liquor stores, through specialty suppliers or on the Internet. Look for certified-organic liquors authorized by the U.S. Department of Agriculture or the United Kingdom’s Soil Association.
• Liquid Ice Organic Vodka: certified organic; made from a blend of grains
• Ocean Vodka: made with desalinated seawater from Hawaii
• Orange V: made with Florida oranges
• Rain Vodka: made from organic Kentucky corn
• Square One Vodka: certified organic; made from American rye
• Vodka 14: Colorado organic vodka
• Benromach Organic Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky: certified organic; imported by Classic Wine Imports
• Highland Harvest Organic Scotch Whisky: certified organic; imported by Maison Jomere
• Peak Spirit: organic brandy, grappa and European-style eaux de vie
• Modmix: three certified-organic flavorings—Citrus Margarita, Pomegranate Cosmopolitan and Lavender Lemon Drop
Organic Honey Ginger-Lemongrass Martini
The mixologists at Square One Vodka concocted this sweet, tangy delight.
• 1 teaspoon Ginger-Lemongrass Infused Honey (instructions below)
• 2 ounces Square One Vodka
• Crushed ice
• Lemongrass blade for garnish
• Candied ginger for garnish
Ginger-Lemongrass Infused Honey
• 2 tablespoons minced lemongrass
• 1 tablespoon peeled, minced fresh ginger
• 3 tablespoons clover honey
• 1 cup water
1. Remove the lemongrass’ outer leaves and cut off the top and bottom. Mince the soft, sweet core.
2. Combine lemongrass, ginger, honey and water in saucepan and bring to slow boil. Reduce heat and cook until mixture becomes a light syrup.
3. Remove from heat and strain. Cool to room temperature before using.
To make the martini:
1. Combine the infused-honey mixture with vodka in a cocktail shaker with no ice. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
2. Add crushed ice; shake again for 30 seconds. Strain and serve in a chilled martini glass. Garnish with lemongrass or candied ginger.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE