If you are looking for a fruity treat that’s also high in fiber, look no further. The following recipe, courtesy Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods, uses a mixture of whole grains and dried fruit to create a moist cookie similar to oatmeal raisin cookies.
Although this recipe calls for dried blueberries, apples and roasted hazelnuts, you can trade out these fruits for dried versions of your favorites. If you’re looking to cut sugar from your diet, this recipe also performs well with up to half the sugar. Check back next week for another great recipe from Bob’s Red Mill.
• 1 cup butter, softened
• 3/4 cup white sugar
• 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 3/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Honey Almond Granola
• 1/2 cup dried blueberries
• 1/2 cup diced apples
• 1/2 cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda, then stir into the creamed mixture.
4. Finally, stir in the granola, dried fruits and nuts.
5. Drop heaping teaspoonfuls onto the greased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until cookies are lightly browned around the edges. Remove cookies to wire racks and let cool completely. Enjoy this whole grain treat! Makes about 24 cookies.
Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods offers a diverse line of more than 400 all-natural, organic and gluten-free flours, cereals, meals and mixes for pancakes, breads and soups that are available all around the world.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE