This is the dip to serve when you are looking to impress non-vegans. The cashews add richness, while the beans impart a smooth and creamy texture. A pop of freshly squeezed lemon juice and a hint of cayenne pepper round out the flavor in this wonderful recipe.
White Bean Cashew Dip
Serves 6 to 8
• 1 can (15 ounces) white beans, drained and rinsed
• 1/2 cup raw cashews
• 2 tablespoons filtered or spring water
• 4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 clove garlic
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 2 tablespoons sweet red or orange pepper, diced
• Dill weed or fresh dill sprigs for garnish, optional
1. Put white beans, cashews, water, lemon juice, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper in a high-performance blending appliance and process until smooth and creamy. Do not over-process.
2. Transfer to a pretty bowl and fold in diced pepper. Top with dill (if using).
Chef’s Note: Serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks, tortilla chips or whole-grain crackers.
Laura Theodore is a 2014 TASTE award-winning television personality, radio host, vegan chef, cookbook author and recording artist. She is author of Jazzy Vegetarian Classics: Vegan Twists on American Family Favorites and Jazzy Vegetarian: Lively Vegan Cuisine Made Easy and Delicious. Laura is the on-camera host, writer and co-producer of the popular cooking show, Jazzy Vegetarian and hosts the weekly podcast radio show, Jazzy Ve