This is the dip to serve when you are looking to impress non-vegans. The cashews add richness, while the beans impart a smooth and creamy texture. A pop of freshly squeezed lemon juice and a hint of cayenne pepper round out the flavor in this wonderful recipe.
Serves 6 to 8
• 1 can (15 ounces) white beans, drained and rinsed
• 1/2 cup raw cashews
• 2 tablespoons filtered or spring water
• 4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 clove garlic
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 2 tablespoons sweet red or orange pepper, diced
• Dill weed or fresh dill sprigs for garnish, optional
1. Put white beans, cashews, water, lemon juice, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper in a high-performance blending appliance and process until smooth and creamy. Do not over-process.
2. Transfer to a pretty bowl and fold in diced pepper. Top with dill (if using).
Chef’s Note: Serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks, tortilla chips or whole-grain crackers.
Laura Theodore is a 2014 TASTE award-winning television personality, radio host, vegan chef, cookbook author and recording artist. She is author of Jazzy Vegetarian Classics: Vegan Twists on American Family Favorites and Jazzy Vegetarian: Lively Vegan Cuisine Made Easy and Delicious. Laura is the on-camera host, writer and co-producer of the popular cooking show, Jazzy Vegetarian and hosts the weekly podcast radio show, Jazzy Ve
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE