A chocolate craving deserves nothing less! Rich, dark chocolate combined with raspberry preserves create a delectable mini dessert that fills the bill.
Makes 8 to 10 servings | Ease Factor 1
• 2 heaping tablespoons raspberry preserves
• 1 bar (3.5 ounces) vegan dark chocolate, finely chopped (snack bar; not unsweetened baking chocolate)
• 1⁄3 cup raisins
• 3 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
• 2 teaspoons raw unsweetened shredded dried coconut (optional)
1. Line a mini muffin pan with 8 to 10 paper liners. Drain off any excess liquid from the raspberry preserves. Put the raspberry preserves in a large bowl.
2. Melt the vegan chocolate in a double boiler over medium-low heat. Pour the melted chocolate into the raspberry preserves and stir until thoroughly combined. Fold in the raisins. Immediately mound the mixture into the mini-muffin cups, dividing it evenly, using a small cookie scoop.
3. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours or until firm. Dust with cocoa powder and sprinkle with coconut, as desired. Stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, minis will keep up to 3 days.
Amount per serving, based on 10 servings: 69 Calories; 1g Fat; 1g Saturated fat; 2g Protein; 19mg Sodium; 10g Total Carbohydrate; 7g Sugars; 2g Fiber
Recipe from Laura Theodore's Vegan-Ease, © 2015 Laura Theodore, reprinted by permission.
Laura Theodore is a 2014 TASTE award-winning television personality, radio host, vegan chef, cookbook author and recording artist. She is author of Jazzy Vegetarian Classics: Vegan Twists on American Family Favorites and Jazzy Vegetarian: Lively Vegan Cuisine Made Easy and Delicious. Laura is the on-camera host, writer and co-producer of the popular cooking show, Jazzy Vegetarian and hosts the weekly podcast radio show, Jazzy Vegetarian Radio. Visit Laura on Facebook and follow her on Twitter for daily recipes and tips for serving delicious, plant-based meals.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE