Yum and double yum! This super creamy and delightful mousse will please the chocolate and peanut butter fans at your table. Piped into small dishes, this is one special treat.
Photo by Hannah Kaminsky.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
• 1/2 cup nondairy milk
• 1 block (14 to 16 ounces) firm regular tofu, drained and cubed
• 3 heaping tablespoons smooth peanut butter
• 1/4 cup vegan powdered sugar
• 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
1. Heat the nondairy milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until steaming hot but not boiling.
2. Put the tofu, peanut butter and sugar in a blender container, then add the chocolate chips. Pour in the steaming hot nondairy milk and process until completely smooth.
3. Spoon or pipe the mixture into dessert dishes and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours. Serve chilled.
Amount per serving, based on 6 servings: 199 Calories; 13g Fat; 5g Saturated fat; 10g Protein; 51mg Sodium; 15g Total Carbohydrate; 6g Sugars; 4g Fiber
Recipe from Laura Theodore's Vegan-Ease, © 2015 Laura Theodore, reprinted by permission.
Laura Theodore is a 2014 TASTE award-winning television personality, radio host, vegan chef, cookbook author and recording artist. She is author of Jazzy Vegetarian Classics: Vegan Twists on American Family Favorites and Jazzy Vegetarian: Lively Vegan Cuisine Made Easy and Delicious. Laura is the on-camera host, writer and co-producer of the popular cooking show, Jazzy Vegetarian and hosts the weekly podcast radio show, Jazzy Vegetarian Radio. Visit Laura on Facebook and follow her on Twitter for daily recipes and tips for serving delicious, plant-based meals.