One of the first crops of spring, asparagus makes a refreshing salad, adding color and crunch to any meal. It makes a nice light lunch perched on top of a bed of lettuce or presents an enticing first course to an elegant party meal.
Makes 4 servings
• 1 bunch asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari
• 1 clove garlic, minced
1. To make the dressing, put the lemon juice, tamari, and garlic into a small bowl and briskly whisk until smooth and emulsified.
2. Steam the asparagus until crisp tender.
3. Put the hot asparagus into a large bowl and add the dressing. Toss gently to coat the asparagus with the dressing. Cover and chill for 3 to 24 hours.
4. Serve chilled, on a pretty platter or arranged over a bed of baby greens.
Laura Theodore is a 2014 TASTE award-winning television personality, radio host, vegan chef, cookbook author and recording artist. She is author of Jazzy Vegetarian Classics: Vegan Twists on American Family Favorites and Jazzy Vegetarian: Lively Vegan Cuisine Made Easy and Delicious. Laura is the on-camera host, writer and co-producer of the popular cooking show, Jazzy Vegetarian and hosts the weekly podcast radio show, Jazzy Vegetarian Radio.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE