The marinade used on the chicken is fast and easy to put together. You can start preparation in the morning by getting the chicken into the marinade and keeping it covered in the fridge. When you’re ready to cook it, cut up some potatoes and use them as a bed underneath the chicken. Spoon the marinade over the chicken and potatoes and bake. This is a one pan wonder and you will have a fully cooked meal in 45 minutes without having to babysit anything at the stove. You could also add some frozen broccoli on top of the potatoes and in amongst the chicken and bake it all together.
I used Vermont Maple Syrup for this recipe. I suggest you use a real maple syrup for this recipe; you won’t regret it, I promise.
Ingredients for the marinade recipe: (per pound of chicken)
• 1/4 cup real maple syrup
• Good heaping tablespoon grainy mustard or Dijon Mustard
• 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
• 1/2 shallot, diced
• 1 large clove garlic, minced
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a small bowl combine all the ingredients. Taste the mixture to see if there needs to be any adjustments made before you add the chicken.
2. If you had you chicken in brine remove the chicken from the brine. You do not need to pat it dry. Pour the Brine out of bowl and place the chicken back in the bowl (Skip this step if you were NOT brining).
3. Pour the mixed marinade over the chicken.
4. Cover and allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
5. When you are ready to bake the chicken, remove it from marinade and place in oven safe roasting pan.
6. Spoon the marinade over the chicken.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for about 40 to 45 minutes until internal temperature reads 165 degrees or until juices run clear.
Sam Pierre loves everything that involves the kitchen and the process of preparing food. When she is not in the kitchen, she’s thinking about new recipes and flavors that would complement each other. Between running around after her daughter and maintaining a healthy household, she blogs about her food adventures and experiences in the kitchen on delishious food.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE