Katrina Hall is a cook, foodblogger, photographer and passionate herb lover. You can find her blog at: http://shesinthekitchen.blogspot.com.
This is a tasty, healthy and versatile salad. I've used it in everything: pizza, wraps, stuffed into pita pockets with thinly sliced chicken, as an omelet filling with or without cheese, or just brown bagging it for a light lunch. If the weather is really warm, just leave out the cottage cheese so you don't worry about it spoiling.
Photo by Katrina Hall/www.shesinthekitchen.blogspot.com
• 2 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced or shredded
• 2 cups spinach, thinly sliced and de-stemmed
• 6 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
• 4 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
• 1 to 2 cups grape tomatoes, whole or halved
• 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 cup cottage cheese
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano or basil or 1 tablespoon fresh herbs
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix the dressing well and drizzle over salad. Toss gently and serve.
2. If you pack this into small containers and keep cold, it should keep for about 5 days.