Katrina Hall is a cook, foodblogger, photographer and passionate herb lover. You can find her blog at: http://shesinthekitchen.blogspot.com.
This recipe is great for summer picnics because it doesn't use mayonnaise. Toss the warm potatoes with the marinade so they soak up all the tasty, tangy flavor.
Photo by Katrina Hall/www.shesinthekitchen.blogspot.com
Serves 3 to 4
• 3 medium-large California Long White potatoes OR 6 red-skinned potatoes, whole, scrubbed
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 garlic clove, pressed
• 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons herb vinegar (I prefer dill vinegar)
• Several grindings of fresh pepper
• 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
• 2 tablespons scallions, sliced thinly
• 1/4 teaspoon salt (for taste)
1. Bring the potatoes to a low boil and cook until just tender.
2. Drain and cut lengthwise, then into even slices vertically. Don't make the slices too thin.
3. Using the remaining ingredients, toss gently while warm in the herb marinade:
4. Serve on top of a small handful of lettuce or arugula.