A simple-to-prepare kale salad is great for summer dining and can enhance any meal with its unique texture and pleasing taste. Paired here with juicy tomatoes, this appealing combo makes a tempting salad right into fall!
Kale and Tomato Salad Recipe
• 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup
• 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 cups kale, cut into thin chiffonade style strips
• 10 grape tomatoes, halved
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• Freshly ground pepper
1. Put all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until thick and smooth.
2. Put the kale into a large mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over the kale and toss to coat. With your hands, massage the dressing into the kale for about one minute. (This will soften the kale leaves). Leave the kale and dressing to marinate at room temperature for thirty minutes to one hour.
3. Right before serving, add the tomatoes, sea salt and pepper. Toss the salad and serve!
Laura Theodore is a 2014 TASTE award-winning television personality, radio host, vegan chef, cookbook author and recording artist. She is author of Jazzy Vegetarian Classics: Vegan Twists on American Family Favorites and Jazzy Vegetarian: Lively Vegan Cuisine Made Easy and Delicious. Laura is the on-camera host, writer and co-producer of the popular cooking show, Jazzy Vegetarian and hosts the weekly podcast radio show, Jazzy Vegetarian Radio.