Take a timeout from meat and instead prepare this vegetarian recipe for the family on a weeknight. This polenta dish is excellent served with grilled veggies. In case you’re not sure, polenta is a delicious dish for spring and summer meals. Interchangeably known as corn grits, polenta is actually the delicious dough made from corn grits. It can be eaten fresh, baked, fried or grilled. In this recipe, we grill the dough and top it with gorgonzola, although you can top it with another crumbled blue cheese you have on hand. Grill it in a cast-iron skillet for easy cleanup.
This recipe comes courtesy Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods.
• 4 cups water
• 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Corn Grits (Polenta)
• 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil, plus extra for garnish
• 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled (for garnish)
1. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil, then add polenta, basil, tomatoes, garlic and salt, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes until very thick; stir at least every 5 minutes.
2. Pour and scrape polenta onto a buttered platter, then let cool about 3 to 5 minutes. Cut into squares. Heat grill and grill for 2 to 4 minutes on each side. Top with crumbled gorgonzola and heat under broiler until cheese is melted (watch closely). Sprinkle freshly chopped basil to serve. Serves 6.
Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods offers a diverse line of more than 400 all-natural, organic and gluten-free flours, cereals, meals and mixes for pancakes, breads and soups that are available all around the world.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE