Breakfast can be uninspiring sometimes, especially when looking for gluten-free recipes. Get inspired with this recipe for gluten-free sweet crepes. These crepes go great with a fruit filing or fresh fruit on the side.
Photo courtesy Pamela's
• 3/4 cup Pamela's Artisan Flour Blend
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/4 cups milk or milk alternative
• 3 eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 6 tablespoons melted butter
1. Mix dry ingredients, add liquid ingredients and whisk until well incorporated. If you cannot get all the lumps out, put in blender and blend until smooth, 10 to 30 seconds. Use immediately, or batter may thicken slightly (add 2 to 4 tablespoons water if batter is left to sit).
2. Heat an 8" non-stick or crepe pan to medium heat, brush pan lightly with oil or butter before making each crepe.
3. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into oiled pan and swirl or tip pan to allow batter to cover the whole bottom with a thin layer of batter (air holes may form, do not try to fill). Cook until edges start to brown. You should be able to shake the pan and the crepe will slide around or use the edge of a spatula to help loosen it. Sometimes the first crepe will stick, but after that, they loosen pretty easy, as long as the pan is oiled each time. Flip crepe over, and only lightly cook on the second side; do not brown, you want the crepe to be dry, without any wet spots.
4. When cooked, slide onto parchment, wax paper, or soft dish towels. Repeat this process until all crepes are cooked, putting paper between each, so they do not stick together. Makes 8 crepes
From classic baked goods to comfort food craves, Pamela’s Artisan Flour Blend has got you covered. Substitute cup for cup all-purpose flour with this gluten- wheat- and dairy-free flour blend. The baking possibilities are nearly endless!
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE