Filling and so delicious, this hearty salad is the perfect fare to serve for lunch or a light supper. Hosting a dinner party? This colorful offering makes a great first course salad too. So versatile!
Makes 2 servings
• 4 teaspoons flaxseed oil
• 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
• 4 ounces (5 cups, lightly packed) mixed baby greens
• 20 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
• 1 red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
• 1⁄2 Bermuda onion, chopped
• 1⁄2 cup chopped raw or roasted cashews
• 1 avocado, sliced
1. To make the dressing: Put all the ingredients in a small bowl and briskly whisk until smooth and emulsified.
2. To make the salad: Divide the greens between two large salad plates. For each serving, top with half of the tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, and cashews. Arrange the avocado slices on top in a spiral pattern. Drizzle with half of the dressing. Serve immediately.
Laura Theodore is a 2014 TASTE award-winning television personality, radio host, vegan chef, cookbook author and recording artist. She is author of Jazzy Vegetarian Classics: Vegan Twists on American Family Favorites and Jazzy Vegetarian: Lively Vegan Cuisine Made Easy and Delicious. Laura is the on-camera host, writer and co-producer of the popular cooking show, Jazzy Vegetarian and hosts the weekly podcast radio show, Jazzy Vegetarian Radio.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE