Tofu skeptics will instantly be won over by this delectable one-pot Tamari Tofu Stir-Fry recipe with Rice Noodles.
Get a dose of antioxidants and lean protein in this quick, easy one-pot Tamari Tofu Stir-Fry.
I love rice noodles in all their forms. This dish features rice vermicelli, which are long and thin and have a wonderfully chewy texture. Tofu, the dish’s centerpiece, receives ample flavoring from the tamari, which also enhances the broccoli’s sweetness—and hot sauce adds its kick. Tofu skeptics will be instantly won over by this delectable dish. For more one-pot recipes, read the original article, One-Pot Meals for Quick, Healthy Cooking.
• 1/4 cup wheat-free tamari sauce
• 1 to 2 tablespoons hot sauce
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 tablespoon minced ginger
• One 14-ounce package firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch dice
• Kosher salt
• 1 head broccoli, florets separated, stems peeled, squared and cut into thin strips
• One 8-ounce package rice vermicelli
• 2 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
• 1 bunch scallions, sliced thin, white and green parts separated
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, combine tamari, hot sauce, garlic and ginger. Add tofu, stir gently, and marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with water and add ice cubes. Bring salted water to a boil in a wok. Add broccoli, blanch for 30 seconds, and using a large hand-held strainer, transfer broccoli to ice water. Turn off wok heat. When broccoli is cold, remove from water using strainer and set aside. Don’t drain wok water.
3. Add more ice cubes to bowl, if necessary. Turn heat on for wok, and add 2 cups cold water. Add noodles to wok and allow them to soften, about 10 minutes. Using the strainer, transfer noodles to the ice water, and when cold, drain them and set aside.
4. Drain the water from wok and wipe it dry. Heat wok over high heat, add oil, and swirl to coat pan. When oil is hot, add scallion whites and stir-fry until soft, about 30 seconds. Add tofu with its marinade and stir-fry until heated through, about 2 minutes. Return broccoli and noodles to wok, toss gently to combine, and heat through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer stir-fry to individual serving bowls, garnish with scallion greens, and serve with lemon wedges, if using, for squeezing over the dish. Tamari Tofu Stir-Fry with Rice Noodles serves 4.
Adapted from Simply Ming: One-Pot Meals by Ming Tsai and Arthur Boehm.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE