Flexible enough to accommodate in-season fruits, this Superfruit Salad recipe makes it easy to get a full day's serving of fresh produce in one sitting.
"Superfood Kitchen" by Julie Morris features plant-based, nutrient-dense recipes loaded with antioxidants, essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and more.
Photo Courtesy Sterling Epicure
When a fruit salad tastes this good, getting a full day’s ration of fresh produce in just one sitting is almost inevitable. This recipe is flexible enough to accommodate in-season fruits—feel free to improvise—but try to keep the superberries in. The goji berries and goldenberries will soften as the fruit marinates, soaking up the juices from the fruits, making them especially delicious.
• 3 cups pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 2/3 cup dried goldenberries
• 1/2 cup dried goji berries
• 3 cups strawberries, quartered
• 1 cup blueberries
• 3 cups green grapes, halved
• 2 cups apples, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 1 cup pomegranate seeds
• 2 tablespoons agave nectar or yacon syrup
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine all fruits in a large bowl.
2. In a small glass, mix together agave and vanilla.
3. Pour over fruit and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours to let flavors marry.
4. Toss before serving. Will last for several days refrigerated. Serves 6
For more ways to incorporate nutrient-dense superfoods into your diet, read the original article, 4 Superfood Recipes.
Julie Morris is a natural food chef, writer, educator and advocate of whole, plant-based foods and superfoods for optimal health. Her recipes and nutrition tips are dedicated to making a vibrantly healthy lifestyle both easy to achieve and delicious to follow. This article was excerpted with permission from Superfood Kitchen, published in November 2012 by Sterling Epicure, an imprint of Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. Morris’ latest book, Superfood Smoothies, is being released this May by Sterling Epicure.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE