Broccoli Stalk Salad Recipe
By Tara Duggan
- Leaves and stalks from 1 bunch broccoli (about 3 stalks)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese
- Place broccoli stalks on cutting board, then use sharp vegetable peeler to shave into paper-thin strips.
- Place shaved broccoli and leaves in medium bowl and toss with remaining ingredients. For helpful whole plant tips visit: Eat the Whole Plant
While waiting for a main course to finish cooking, you can make this simple salad with the remnants of a bunch of broccoli. Or, integrate shaved broccoli, which is sweet, mild and tender, into your favorite salads and slaws.