Try this quick salad recipe including meat, greens, and Thai flavor.
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1 pound of rice vermicelli
1/2 cup Asian fish sauce
6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 cup sugar
1 carrot, shaved into curls
1 green bell pepper, julienned
1 cucumber, peeled (if desired), seeded, and thinly sliced
1 green chili, seeded (optional) and sliced
1. Rub the steak with the soy sauce and garlic; set aside to marinate. Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal or gas grill, with the rack set 3 to 4 inches above the coals, or preheat the broiler.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the noodles. Leave in the water for 3 to 5 minutes, until al dente. Rinse in cold water and drain well.
3. To make the dressing, combine the fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar in a small sauce pan over low heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves; then remove from the heat.
4. Combine the carrot, green pepper, cucumber, and chill with the noodles. Toss well. Pour in the dressing and toss again.
5. Grill or broil the meat until it reaches the desired doneness. A 1/2-inch-thick steak will take about 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Let rest for 5 minutes. Slice into thin strips.6. To serve, place the noodle salad on individual serving plates. Arrange the meat on top, and serve immediately.