Alkaline Cleanse (Sterling Epicure, 2016) by Natasha Corrett helps readers ditch processed and sugary foods for good! Included are four different cleansing plans from a weekend of juices and smoothies all the way to a 28 day life changing cleanse. All the dishes included avoid acid-causing meats, dairy, wheat and refined sugar. Corrett's goal is to help readers nourish naturally and get rid of toxins in no time!
You can purchase this book from the Mother Earth Living store: Alkaline Cleanse.
I love this delicious sweet potato rosti. But don’t save this dish for lunch or dinner, this is a perfect breakfast or weekend brunch option! Sweet potato-based dishes are fantastic at getting carbohydrates into your system without making you feel sluggish – you’ll have the energy to keep going and going…
• 1-1/4 cups, about 6 oz sweet potato, grated
• 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
• 2 tablespoon coconut oil
• 1/2 teaspoon sunflower oil
• 1 cup spinach, wilted
• 4 eggs poached or 1/2 cup goat cheese if you prefer
1. I find it best to make the rosti in batches, 2 at a time, so you will need to repeat the following process twice.
2. Put the grated sweet potato into a cloth or dish towel and squeeze all the excess water out: you want the pulp to be as dry as possible. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Melt half the coconut oil in a non-stick pan and sauté half of the red onion, garlic and fennel seeds for 1 minute. Add half the sweet potato and stir continuously for 30 seconds, so that the potato absorbs all the other flavors. Transfer to the bowl containing the remaining sweet potato and mix well.
4. Wipe the frying pan clean and spread half the oil around it with a cloth or paper towel. Place over medium heat.
5. Divide the rosti mixture into 4 equal pieces and form into patties. Place 2 of them in the hot pan and press down slightly. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until they are golden. Keep them warm while you cook the remaining patties in the same way.
6. When finished, set the patties aside while you repeat the process with the remaining mixture.
7. Serve with the spinach and poached eggs or goat cheese.
More from Alkaline Cleanse:• Carrot and Lime Soup Recipe
• Carrot Noodles with Avocado Dressing Recipe
• Spicy Tofu Balls Recipe
Reprinted with permission from Alkaline Cleanse by Natasha Corrett and published by Sterling Epicure, 2016. Photos by Lisa Linder. Buy this book from our store: Alkaline Cleanse.