- 3 tablespoons all-purpose, gluten-free baking mix
- 2 teaspoons nettle leaf powder
- 2 teaspoons burdock root powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups peeled, baked, and mashed sweet potato
- Combine gluten-free baking mix, nettle leaf powder, burdock root powder, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a griddle or nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
- Whisk together the egg and olive oil in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mix in sweet potato.
- Add dry ingredients to the sweet potato mixture and stir well.
- Cook rounded tablespoons of this mixture on the griddle or in a frying pan. It should take 2 to 3 minutes per side. After they’re flipped, press gently on each patty with the back of a spatula so they keep their shape.
- Enjoy with your favorite sweet potato toppings or as a side.
More on powdered medicinal herbs, and herbs in recipes:• Use Powdered Medicinal Herbs in the Kitchen • Kale Salad with Rhodiola and Turmeric Vinaigrette Recipe • Eleuthero Spiced Carrots with Maple Syrup Recipe • Schisandra and Strawberry Salad Topping Recipe
These sweet potato patties’ taste falls somewhere between baked sweet potatoes and savory pancakes. Nettle greens are full of vitamins and minerals and are often used fresh in everything from soups to pestos, but you can enjoy that nutritional punch year-round by using the powdered version. Burdock root is an alternative herb that supports the health of blood and the liver. It can be pickled or cooked and used like a root vegetable, or you can use the powdered root in recipes such as this one.