Made with dried fruits, nuts and seeds, and a bold combination of super-ingredients such as reishi, maca and cordyceps (a type of mushroom), this smoothie is perfect for starting your day after a soothing bone broth, reviving a post-workout body or healthily replacing a meal.
• 2 cups almond milk
• 1⁄2 cup organic coconut milk
• 7 teaspoons agave
• 1⁄2 cup walnuts
• 3 whole dried apricots
• 3 whole pitted dates
• 5 whole Brazil nuts (note: chop before adding for easier blending)
• 7 teaspoons chia seeds
• 1 teaspoon gelatinized maca root
• 1 teaspoon reishi powder
• 1 teaspoon cordyceps powder
• Sea salt, to taste
2. Pour tea, almond milk, coconut milk and agave into blender and blend on low, just to combine, about 1 minute.
3. Add remaining ingredients except salt. Puree on high for 2 minutes, or until well combined and creamy (add more almond milk as needed to achieve your ideal consistency).
4. Add salt to taste, and combine on low speed.
5. Drink 12 ounces immediately. Store remainder in a lidded jar in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Adapted from The Soup Cleanse: A Revolutionary Detox of Nourishing Soups and Healing Broths from the Founders of Soupure by Angela Blatteis and Vivienne Veila.