I love Greek salad. I make it often, varying the ingredients slightly, looking for new, tasty combinations. This one is my favorite.
• 1 large cucumber, chopped
• 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
• 1 large red pepper, chopped
• 1/2 small purple onion, sliced into rings
• 1 handful fresh mint, minced
• Handful of pitted green or Kalamata olives (optional)
• 1/2 block feta cheese, cut or crumbled (optional)
For Greek Dressing
• Juice of 2 lemons
• 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 1 small handful fresh oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
• Dash cayenne pepper
2. To a blender or Mason jar, add all dressing ingredients and shake or blend. Pour over vegetables and let sit for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
Adapted with permission from the book Be Your Own Herbalist: Essential Herbs for Health, Beauty, and Cooking by Michelle Schoffro Cook, Ph.D.