In The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook: Over 100 Recipes for Any Program Level, Diane Sanfilippo provides more than 100 recipes readers can enjoy "guilt-free." These simple and delicious recipes and meal plans will help readers easily cut bad eating habits and get rid of sugar and carb cravings for good. The following excerpt is from Chapter 3, "Easy Recipes."
- 4 cups cauliflower florets, steamed
- 2 tablespoons sesame tahini, plus more if desired
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more if desired
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- pinch of ground cumin
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, diced, plus more for garnish
- Paprika, for garnish
- In a food processor, combine the cauliflower, tahini, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and cumin until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and add more tahini or olive oil to taste.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and pulse to combine.
- Scoop out the hummus from the food processor and garnish with lemon zest, the additional 1 tablespoon of olive oil, a sprinkling of paprika, and additional diced sun-dried tomatoes.
- Serve with your choice of sliced fresh vegetables and olives.
More from The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook:
- Chorizo Burgers with Spicy Red Onions Recipe
- Coffee and Cocoa Rubbed Ribs Recipe
- Cookout Coleslaw Recipe
- Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- Smoky Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
- Turkey Jerky Recipe