This Roman specialty is perfect with a crisp Caesar salad. Croutons are wonderful tossed into the soup, as well.
Planning Note: When served with a salad, this soup makes a nice light meal. On its own, it’s a lovely appetizer.
• 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• About 1⁄2 the minced garlic (prepped Saturday)
• 2 tablespoons flour
• 8 cups Homemade Chicken Stock
• 4 eggs
• 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Heat oil over medium in a heavy-bottomed pot. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes.
2. Whisk in flour and stir frequently until you smell a faintly nutty scent.
3. Whisk in stock and bring to a boil.
4. In a bowl, beat eggs with Parmesan. Slowly add eggs to boiling stock to form strands of cooked egg. Remove from heat as soon as all eggs have been added.
5. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Find more recipes and tips for successful meal planning in Cook Once, Eat All Week.