A colorful combination of vegetables delivers an inviting foundation for chicken and tangy peanut sauce.
• 1 tsp minced garlic
• 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
• 3 tbsp rice vinegar
• 1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
• 2 tsp sesame oil
• 3 zucchini, ends cut flat
• 3 yellow summer squash, ends cut flat
• 2 large carrots, peeled and ends cut flat
• 4 cups diced cooked chicken
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 tbsp sesame seeds
1. In a medium bowl, combine ginger, garlic, sugar, peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil until well- blended. Gradually stir in 1/3 to 1/2 cup water to reach desired consistency. (The squash strands will add liquid, so you may want to make the dressing slightly thicker than usual.)
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Meanwhile, using a spiralizer, cut zucchini, squash, and carrots into thin strands, keeping the carrots separate. Add carrots to the boiling water and boil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cooked to desired tenderness. Using a slotted spoon, immediately transfer carrots to a bowl of ice-cold water. Blanch zucchini and squash in the same way as the carrots, but only boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the cooled vegetables thoroughly, and pat dry if necessary.
3. Transfer blanched vegetables to a serving bowl. Top with cooked chicken and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.
Tips: The peanut sauce also makes a terrific dip for fresh peas in the pod, or a flavorful spread for sandwiches. If desired, you can toast the sesame seeds in a small skillet over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until fragrant.
Recipes courtesy of 150 Best Spiralizer Recipes by Marilyn Haugen & Jennifer Williams © 2015, www.RobertRose.ca. Reprinted with publisher permission. Available where books are sold.
Learn more about spiralizers in Spiralizer Recipes for Gluten-Free Summer Meals
Use your spiralizer to cook more delicious dishes:• Kaleidiscope Salad Recipe
• Parsnip Spaghetti with Pine Nut Basil Pesto Recipe