This Spiced Pumpkin Seeds recipe is full of energizing nutrition and health benefits, a perfect choice to include as a healthy snack for your diet.
This Spiced Pumpkin Seeds recipe is a healthy snack choice for your diet.
Try this Spiced Pumpkin Seeds recipe, a nutritious, tasty snack that also contains vitamins A, C, and E, as well as zinc, iron, protein, and B vitamins.
Experiment with a variation of seasonings such as cayenne pepper, garlic powder, or Cajun seasoning blend to make a zesty and healthy snack.
• 2 cups whole raw pumpkin seeds
• 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
• 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1. Scoop the seeds from the pumpkin and place them on a plate. Remove the strings and pulp, and blot with paper towels. Do not rinse.
2. Leave the seeds to dry on the counter for a few days, if possible, but at least overnight.
3. Combine the butter, salt, garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce, and pumpkin seeds. Mix thoroughly and spread in a shallow baking dish.
4. Bake for 1 hour at 275 degrees Fahrenheit, stirring occasionally, until the seeds are golden brown and fragrant. Makes 2 cups.
Read more about soybean foods and your health: Natural Healing Using Soybean Foods.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE