Try this easy, no-bake recipe for a protein-packed, vitamin-rich snack after school or work, or to take along while hiking. Yield: 12 to 15 snacks.
- 1 cup pitted dates or packaged pureed dates
- 1 cup unsalted, roasted or raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons sea buckthorn berry juice
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried sea buckthorn berries
- If the dates aren’t already pureed, pulse them in a food processor until they’re smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, and process until blended.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into 1- to 2-inch balls.
- They can be enjoyed right away, or stored in the refrigerator or freezer until needed.
Find Out More:
- Sea Buckthorn Berry Muffins
- Sea Buckthorn Berry, Apple, and Mint Drink
- Quinoa Salad with Sea Buckthorn Berry Dressing
- Sea Buckthorn Berry and Mango Salsa Recipe
- Cooking With Sea Buckthorn Berries
Sheryl Normandeau is a Master Gardener and writer from Calgary, Alberta. She grows mostly vegetables, but also plants perennial flowers, and always has a few projects in the works. Read more about her pursuits at Flowery Prose.