This Salmon Tostada with Mango Salsa recipe provides essential fatty acids for your diet.
• 1 tablespoon ground cumin
• 1 tablespoon ground coriander
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 pound salmon fillet
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 4 corn tortillas
• 3 cups shredded lettuce
• 1 mango, peeled and diced
• 1 cup corn kernels
• 1 cup peeled and diced jicama
• 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
• 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
• 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, pressed
• 1/3 cup orange juice
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 lime, quartered, for garnish
1. Combine cumin, coriander, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rinse the fish, pat dry and rub with the spice mixture.
2. Arrange fish on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and sprinkle with lime juice. Broil for 5 to 10 minutes, until the juices run clear. Remove from broiler and break up into bite-sized chunks.
3. Combine salsa ingredients in a small bowl. Allow to sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes to combine flavors.
4. Warm tortillas in a dry skillet. Assemble tostadas by topping each corn tortilla with 1/4 of the lettuce and fish. Top with salsa and garnish with lime wedges.
Read more about the importance of including Omega-3s in your diet: Include Essential Fatty Acids in Your Diet.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE