Leftover roasted chicken can become a delicious and simple chicken salad.
Planning Note: If you have 10 minutes to make homemade mayonnaise, it’ll take your chicken salad over the top: Coconut Oil Mayo.
Rosemary Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
• 1-1⁄2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
• 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted (to toast, bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes, then cool)
• 1 cup grapes, sliced in half
• 1⁄2 cup sliced celery (prepped Saturday)
• 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise or aioli
• Leaves of 1 to 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
• Leaves of 4 parsley stems, finely chopped (save stems for stock)
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 8 slices whole-grain bread
Mix all ingredients and make sandwiches with whole-grain bread.
Find more recipes and tips for successful meal planning in Cook Once, Eat All Week.