According to "Fresh: Simple, Delicious Recipes to Make You Feel Energized! (Sterling Epicure, 2017) television and YouTube sensation Donal Skehan believes in maximizing health and energy through the enjoyment of flavorful, nutrient-packed food. Fresh embodies this philosophy by focusing on seasonal fruits and vegetables, as well as grains, with a secondary emphasis on high-quality meat and seafood.
Soaking oats overnight changes their consistency and makes them much softer. I’ve added chia seeds here for their jelly-like texture, which makes this breakfast more like a fancy dessert!
- 1/4 rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 10 tablespoons almond milk
- 3/4 raspberries
- Coconut or natural yogurt, to serve
- 1 tablespoon toasted sliced almonds
- Combine the oats, chia seeds and almond milk in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and place in the fridge overnight.
- Blend half the raspberries with a hand-held stick blender until smooth. If you are warming the oats, heat the soaked oats gently in a small pan. Stir through the puréed raspberries and top with a generous dollop of yogurt, the remaining whole raspberries and the toasted sliced almonds.
For more from "Fresh" visit:
- Blueberry and Lemon Overnight Oats Recipe
- Strawberry and Chocolate Overnight Oats Recipe
- Totally Tropical Overnight Oats Recipe
Reprinted with permission from Fresh ©2017 by Donal Skehan, Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. Photo by Donal Skehan