The Gluten-Free Quintessential Quinoa Cookbook (Skyhorse Publishing, 2013), by Wendy Polisi, provides more than 200 pages of gluten-free, quinoa-inspired, easy-to-follow recipes. Polisi includes nutritional information and photos for every recipe and alternative ingredients and preparation methods for many of the dishes. The following excerpt from the chapter “Mains & Sides” is a recipe for quinoa spaghetti.
You can purchase this book from the Mother Earth Living store: The Gluten-Free Quintessential Quinoa Cookbook.
Quinoa Spaghetti Recipe
• 8 ounces quinoa spaghetti
• Olive oil spray
• 1 large white or yellow onion, chopped
• 3/4 cup red or rainbow quinoa, rinsed
• 6 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 2 cups marinara
• 3/4 cup vegetable broth
• 1/2 cup black or pimento stuffed olives
• 1/4 cup dry sherry
• 1 tablespoon capers
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with olive oil if desired.
2. Meanwhile, spray a large saucepan with olive oil spray. Add onion and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender.
3. Add quinoa, garlic, oregano, red pepper, black pepper and sea salt. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Add marinara, vegetable broth, olives, sherry, and capers. Bring to a simmer. Cover and reduce to low. Cook covered for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to sit covered for another 5 minutes.
5. Divide pasta among 4 plates. Top with sauce and garnish with parsley and additional olives.
Calories 372, Fat 5.2g, Carbohydrates 67.1g, Protein 11g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 598mg, Fiber 6.2g, Sugars 6.3g
More from The Gluten-Free Quintessential Quinoa Cookbook
Excerpted with permission from The Gluten-Free Quintessential Quinoa Cookbook: Eat Great, Lose Weight, Feel Healthy by Maria Wendy Polisi. Copyright 2013, Skyhorse Publishing, Inc. Buy this book from our store: The Gluten-Free Quintessential Quinoa Cookbook.