Plain Greek yogurt has about twice as much protein as other yogurts, and less sugar. Puréed pumpkin is a great way to add seasonal flavor with a big fiber boost. You can buy puréed pumpkin in a can; just don’t accidentally buy pumpkin pie filling, which comes with added sugar. Stevia is a natural alternative to refined sugar and artificial sweeteners. For more healthy snack ideas, see the original article, Healthy Convenience Foods: Quick-Fix and Make-Ahead Snacks.
• 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
• Pinch stevia powder
• 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Pinch pumpkin pie spice blend
1. Combine yogurt with pumpkin purée.
2. Stir in stevia, vanilla and spice. Serves 1.
Adapted from greatist.com.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE