This Pumpkin-Ginger Muffins recipe uses nutritious pumpkin as an ingredient, a perfect choice to include as part of a healthy breakfast for your diet.
This Pumpkin-Ginger Muffins recipe makes for a delicious and nutritious breakfast.
These muffins, with the zing of warming ginger, make a perfect breakfast for chilly fall mornings.
• 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup oat flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
• 6 tablespoons butter, softened
• 1/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 2/3 cup pumpkin pulp
• 1/2 cup buttermilk
• 1/2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flours and spices. Beat the butter and sugars in a separate bowl until fluffy.
3. Add the egg and pumpkin to the butter mixture, beating thoroughly, then stir into the flour mixture. Add the buttermilk, blending well.
4. Fold in the crystallized ginger.
5. Fill the muffin pans three-quarters full.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the muffins are golden and spring back to the touch. Makes 12 muffins.
Read more about soybean foods and your health: Natural Healing Using Soybean Foods.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE