This No Cook Herb and Cheese Sauce recipe is one of the winning entries from the Great Spaghetti Sauce recipe contest.
Try this No Cook Herb and Cheese Sauce recipe with your favorite pasta for a great main dish meal.
One of the greatest trends in summer cooking is no-cook pasta sauces. This version had some interesting flavor complexities owing to the lemon verbena and smoky cheese, but we’d bet it would be good even without them.
• 6 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
• 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
• 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
• 2 tablespoons lemon verbena leaves, chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon sugar
• 4 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, grated
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a large glass bowl. Marinate at room temperature for at least 20 minutes. Ladle over 1 pound spaghetti and serve hot or at room temperature.
— S. Vivian Grabatas
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Check out more delicious spaghetti sauce recipes here: The Great Spaghetti Sauce Cookoff recipes.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE