This warm sweet corn soup recipe is tasty as an appetizer to your favorite Mexican dish or served as a meal with salad and bread.
This warm, hearty soup is tasty as an appetizer to your favorite Mexican dish or served as a meal with salad and bread. Use all of the chiles for a soup that makes your eyes water or just a few for a zesty kick.
• 12 ears sweet corn
• 1 small can chipotle chiles, thinly sliced
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic
• 2 cups water
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Cilantro and sour cream, optional
1. Run each ear of corn under water to moisten the husks, then roast in a 325°F oven for 1 1/2 hours. Cool the corn on a rack and remove husks. Use a sharp knife to cut all of the corn from the cobs.
2. Puree 3 cups of the corn kernels with 1/2 cup of the water in a blender. Transfer to a stockpot and simmer over a medium flame.
3. Add the leftover corn, chiles, onion, garlic, water, and salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the onions are tender. Serve steaming hot, and garnish with cilantro and a dollop of sour cream, if desired. Serves 4