Holiday food like this nutritious Lemon-Basil Salmon recipe will make eating healthy during the holiday season a pleasure.
This Lemon-Basil Salmon recipe will keep you healthy while celebrating the holiday season.
Photo By Fotolia/Africa Studio
Try this Lemon-Basil Salmon recipe as a part of a healthy holiday meal.
This dish is a delicious way to get your protein without having to use any oil. It is also quite easy to prepare—an additional benefit when you have little time, with so much other cooking going on.
• 6 fresh salmon fillets or steaks
• 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons dried basil
• 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the salmon fillets or steaks on pieces of foil, on a baking sheet. Sprinkle each piece of fish with 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of the basil, and 1/3 teaspoon of the Parmesan cheese.
2. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Serves 6.
Christopher Hobbs, L.Ac., A.H.G. is an herbalist and botanist with more than thirty years of experience with medicinal herbs. Beth Baugh has been integrating medicinal herbs into natural foods cuisine for more than twenty years.
Read the article Healthy Holiday Feast Recipes for more healthy holiday dishes.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE