Photo by Agatha Noveille
Packed with rhodiola and turmeric, this kale salad provides support for liver, digestion, mood, energy, and stress levels.
4 servings SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon rhodiola powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of dried turmeric
- 4 cups lightly packed, torn kale, ribs removed
- 1/4 cup walnuts, halved or chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Use a whisk to combine the olive oil, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, rhodiola powder, salt, and turmeric in a small mixing bowl.
- Place kale in a large mixing bowl, and drizzle the vinaigrette over the leaves. Use your hands to mix the kale and vinaigrette thoroughly.
- Allow the kale to rest for at least 15 minutes before serving so it softens and blends with the dressing.
- Add walnuts and cranberries just before serving.
More on powdered medicinal herbs, and more herbs in recipes:• Use Powdered Medicinal Herbs in the Kitchen • Sweet Potato Patties with Burdock and Nettle Recipe • Eleuthero Spiced Carrots with Maple Syrup Recipe • Schisandra and Strawberry Salad Topping Recipe
This kale salad recipe is sweet and sour and packed with herbal goodness thanks to turmeric and rhodiola. Turmeric is good for the liver and digestion, while rhodiola is supportive of mood, energy, and stress levels.