This flavorful Homemade Italian Dressing recipe will compliment any salad.
Dress several salads with these quick and easy homemade versions of popular salad dressings.
Italian dressing also makes an excellent marinade for vegetables and meat. It lasts weeks longer than dressings that include dairy.
Find other great alternatives for store-bought dressings in Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes.
• 2 cloves garlic, minced, or 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon honey, or pinch stevia
• 2 teaspoons mustard powder or prepared Dijon mustard
• 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or 1 to 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 large handful fresh basil leaves, chopped, or 1 basil-oil ice cube
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or marjoram, or 1 herb ice cube, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
• 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar (or a combo)
• 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil (or a combo)
1. Combine all ingredients in a jar with a lid. Shake, shake, shake…shake some more…and enjoy. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
Variation: Italian dressing is a vinaigrette with Italian seasonings. Make a tangy Greek vinaigrette by omitting the honey, using Greek oregano in place of the herbs, and adding a tablespoon of lemon juice.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE