Hibiscus Agua Fresca Recipe
4 hrs 10 min
- 12 cups water
- 3 cups dried hibiscus flowers
- 2 to 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (4-inch) cinnamon stick (optional)
- Ice, for serving
- Combine the water, the hibiscus flowers, and 2 cups of the sugar in a slow cooker and stir until well combined. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Taste and add more of the sugar as desired. Set aside to cool completely.
- Strain and serve over ice.
More from The Tex-Mex Slow Cooker:The Tex-Mex Slow Cooker, by Vianney Rodriguez. Published by The Countryman Press, © 2018.
In The Tex-Mex Slow Cooker: 100 Delicious Recipes for Easy Everyday Meals, Vianney Rodriguez share her tips and tricks to serving out Tex-Mex classics. The book provides 100 Tex-Mex favorites that can easily be made in your slow-cooker. The following excerpt is from Chapter 5, “Beverages and Cocktails.”
Agua de jamaica was the first agua fresca I tried in Mexico as a child. I was drawn to its intense, ruby-red color. After my first sip, I was hooked. Now I make agua de jamaica by the gallon. Instead of heating up my entire kitchen, I rely on my slow cooker to do all the heavy lifting.