Use this rich Herbal Cheese Stuffing recipe to enhance boneless chicken breasts, quail, fish, veal or lamb chops, mushrooms, pastry, or pasta.
Try this Herbal Cheese Stuffing recipe during the holiday season.
• 8 ounces cream cheese
• 4 ounces ricotta or cottage cheese
• 1 large clove garlic, minced or mashed
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives or green onion
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
• 2 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh (or 2 to 4 teaspoons dried) herbs or your choice: sweet marjoram, tarragon, rosemary, sage, thyme, basil, or bay
• 1/2 to 3/4 cup soft white bread crumbs (firm, homestyle bread)
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine cheeses with eggs and seasonings and mix well. Add bread crumbs and blend with a fork, being careful not to overmix. Makes about 2 cups
Madalene Hill and Gwen Barclay of Cleveland, Texas, are veteran herb growers and cooks. Some of the recipes in this article are adapted from their classic book, Southern Herb Growing (Fredericksburg, Texas: Shearer Publishing, 1987).
Read about cooking tips for seasonal stuffing dishes: Cooking Tips for Holiday Herb Stuffing Recipes.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE