This lemony, herb-infused vinegar is perfect for adding flavor to a wide variety of recipes.
Add this lemony vinegar to soups or salad dressings.
Use this healthful lemony vinegar in salad dressings, sauces, or to flavor soups and stews.
• Large bundle of fresh lemon balm
• 1 quart apple cider vinegar
1. Coarsely chop lemon balm leaves and stems.
2. Fill a quart-size glass canning jar with lemon balm until it’s about 3⁄4 full. Cover with vinegar until plant matter is submerged. Cover with a lid and let steep in a cool, dark place for 2 to 4 weeks.
3. Strain and store in a glass jar. (Note that metal rings can corrode when they come into contact with vinegar. Narrow-neck vinegar bottles with rubber gaskets are best.)
Learn how to Grow, Harvest and Use Lemon Balm.
Adapted with permission from Weekend Wonder Detox by Michelle Schoffro Cook.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE