Lance Roehrig experimented in the kitchen until he found “the perfect broth.” The magic ingredient? Turmeric.
Golden Broth Recipe
• 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
• 1⁄2 cup diced bell pepper
• 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
• 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
• 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 8 cups water
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1. In a stock pot, sauté vegetables in ghee for 4 minutes.
2. Stir in turmeric and sauté another minute.
3. Pour in water. Bring to a boil, add salt, and simmer until vegetables are tender and water level reduces about 25 percent. If you want clear broth, strain out vegetables and use as a base for soups, curries and sauces. Otherwise, enjoy as a vegetable soup.
Find more recipes and learn about the myriad health benefits of this herb in The Wonders of Turmeric.