There are many ways to bring herbs into your beverages, and this recipe uses one of those simple techniques. Infuse fresh garden herbs into your favorite spirit, and then mix the flavorful result into a cocktail, such as this gin and tonic.
• 3 to 4 sprigs rosemary
• 3 to 4 sprigs lemon balm
• 2 cups Cocchi Americano
• 1-1/2 ounces St. George Botanivore Gin
• 3/4 ounce tonic syrup
• Soda water
• Pinch sea salt
• Fresh basil, mint, and sage
1. Add sprigs of rosemary and lemon balm to a large jar with the Cocchi Americano and let infuse at room temperature for 4 to 5 days.
2. Once infused, strain out the herbs using a fine sieve and discard. Store the infused Cocchi Americano in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
3. When you’re ready to make the drink, add 1⁄4 ounce of the herb-infused Cocchi Americano, gin, and tonic syrup to a tall glass and stir until combined. Fill glass with ice and top with soda water. Garnish with a pinch of sea salt and the fresh basil, mint, and sage.