Eleuthero Spiced Carrots with Maple Syrup Recipe
Photo by Agatha Noveille
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch sections
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon eleuthero powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Salt, to taste
- Lightly grease a baking pan with olive oil and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice carrots in half down the middle and then again lengthwise into quarters.
- Spread carrots on the baking pan and roast in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.
- In a small bowl, blend together maple syrup, eleuthero powder, and ginger.
- Place the roasted carrots into a bowl and drizzle with the herb mixture. Fold the carrots gently to help coat them evenly with the powdered herbs.
- Add salt to taste, and serve warm.
More on powdered medicinal herbs, and herbs in recipes:• Use Powdered Medicinal Herbs in the Kitchen • Kale Salad with Rhodiola and Turmeric Vinaigrette Recipe • Sweet Potato Patties with Burdock and Nettle Recipe • Schisandra and Strawberry Salad Topping Recipe